|About the Africa Gospel Church|
|About WGM Uganda|
The Africa Gospel Church (AGC) has a long history that dates back to 1906 with the arrival of the first missionary and the conversion of the first Kenyan in 1908.
The missionary work took form with the secondment of National Holiness Mission Missionaries to Kenya in 1930. In 1950, the National Holiness Mission became World Gospel Mission.
The church was registered in Kenya in August of 1961 as Africa Gospel Church.
It has grown in intervening years to include 1,120 rural congregations and 18 urban churches.
From Kenya, Larry and Joy McPherson migrated to start the first AGC in Uganda.
In 1999, there were two AGC congregations in Uganda. At present, there are more than 130 congregations and more than 140 pastors in the pastoral training program.
There are ministries to children through Sunday schools, Bible Clubs, and Holiday Bible School, to youth through Bible studies, sports ministries, and special youth events and seminars, to women through women’s groups, Bible studies and special seminars on marriage and families, to men through Bible studies, men’s groups, pastoral training seminars, to university students through Bible studies and discipleship groups, and to congregations through camp meetings and regular church activities as well as special events and crusades.