About WGM Uganda
Statement of Faith
- That both Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired Word of God, inerrant in the originals, and the final authority for life and truth.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each with personality and deity.
- That the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, manifested in the flesh through the virgin birth, died on Calvary, and rose again for the redemption of the human family, all of whom may be saved from sin through faith in Him.
- That man, although created by God in His own image and likeness, fell into sin through disobedience and “so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12).
- In the salvation of the human soul, including both the new birth and a subsequent work of God in the soul, normally known as entire sanctification, a crisis, wrought by faith, whereby the heart is cleansed from all sin and filled with the Holy Spirit. This gracious experience is retained by faith as expressed in a constant obedience to God’s revealed will, thus giving us perfect cleansing moment by moment (I John 1:7-9). We stand for the Wesleyan position.
- That the Church is the body of Christ; that all who are united by faith to Christ are members of the same; and that having thus become members one of another, it is our solemn and covenant duty to fellowship with one another in peace and to love one another with pure and fervent hearts.
- That the purpose for the Church is threefold: worship of the triune God, nurture of those within the fellowship, and planned outreach to people who do not yet know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Until Jesus Christ establishes His kingdom on earth, the Church should emphasize the power of the Holy Spirit to cleanse, empower, and motivate its members to be active witnesses for Jesus both at home and to the uttermost part of the earth.
- That our Lord Jesus Christ in His literal resurrection from the dead is the living guarantee of the resurrection of all human beings; the believing saved to conscious eternal joy and the unbelieving lost to conscious eternal punishment.
- That our Lord Jesus Christ, in fulfillment of his own promise, both angelically and apostolically attested, will personally return in power and great glory.